PCA PEEL FAQS
This page will provide you with useful information about the many PCA SKIN® professional treatment options we provide. Individualized treatments will be chosen specifically for you by your licensed skin care professional that best address the unique needs of your skin.
Whether you are trying to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, improve the texture of your skin, even out skin discoloration, reduce redness or clear acneic/blemished skin, we have a treatment that is right for you.
DO'S & DON'TS
- Don’t get a chemical peel if your pores are congested. Book one of our foundational Iderm facial treatments one week or so prior to your peel.
- Don't get extractions or Iderm facials for 2-4 weeks after your peel.
- Don't use prescription creams (Retin-A, Tazarac, etc) or abrasive scrubs, Clarisonic brush, or other exfoliants 5 days prior and 14 days after your peel.
- Don't get a peel if you are currently on Accutane or recently off it. (6 months)
- Do use our post care treatment kit for one week after your PCA peel - it is included in the price of the PCA peel.
- Do use suppressive medication 2 days before and 3 days after a peel if you have a history of oral herpes/cold sores.
- Do listen to your esthetician's advice. NO EXERCISING OR OUTDOOR ACTIVITY WITHOUT PROTECTION 5-7 DAYS POST PEEL.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IF I GET A PEEL?
About 2 days after the treatment, the skin begins flaking. The amount of flaking depends on the amount of dead skin build up: if you exfoliate regularly the flaking may be light, if not it may be more intense. The flaking lasts for 3-5 days and you are left with smoother, more even-toned skin. You may apply sunscreen and makeup after your treatment but the solution must remain on the skin for at least 5 hours. Treatments takes about 45-60 min.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CHEMICAL PEEL TREATMENT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Your skin care professional is trained on each of the PCA Professional™ Products. This training will allow them to not only choose a treatment designed for your skin type, but customize a treatment, addressing your personal skin care needs.
IS THERE A LOT OF DISCOMFORT WHEN GETTING A CHEMICAL PEEL?
It depends on the treatment however most PCA Professional™ chemical peels are gentle and create little or no burning or stinging sensation in the skin. You may experience moderate stinging for a few minutes but PCA’s philosophy is all about taking a low-dose approach meaning our superficial chemical peels create minimal discomfort and produce beautiful and immediate results for most clients.
I'M IN THE SUN ALOT SHOULD I GET A CHEMICAL PEEL?
Absolutely but only if they protect their skin and listen to their trained professional about sunscreen and the importance of it. If you have a sunburn then NO, we won't be doing a peel on you. Sunbathing should be avoided ALL THE TIME but most certainly directly following a treatment and while the skin is peeling. If you are getting a peel to help with discoloration of the skin then it is imperative for you to use proper products at home recommended by your skin care pro!
CAN I GET A PEEL IF I AM REALLY ACTIVE OR EXERCISE A LOT?
Clients who are pretty active need to wait 48 hours after a treatment to exercise.
If you have any questions before getting a chemical peel don't hesitate to contact us.